Thursday, May 7, 2009

Park and Baby Clothes

Yesterday I took Riley to the park. He loved the swing and would laugh as he swung back and forth. He ran around a lot, craling through the tube and went on the smaller slides with no problems, even climbing up a few of them. He wanted to go down the big slides, but I am pregnant and 26 days away from the big day and I didn't want to do them since he is too little to do them on his own. I saw a slide that went in circles and was open on top (not like a tube) so I decided we could go down that one. We climbed all the way up and I realized it would be a little harder than I thought. Where you sit down is under a turret and I am 5 foot 10 1/2, so I had to bend down pretty low and get seated all while keeping Riley from sliding down without me. Then when sliding down we kept stopping since I can't pull my legs up because of my protruding belly. Riley had fun, but I was done. (Next time we will bring daddy to go down the slides) Riley was crying when I put him in the car, but I was hot and exhausted and it was time to leave. When we got home I found that he had run out of energy too, we both laid down and had a nap.
Later when I woke up I opened the containers of baby clothes and was able to organize them and get everything put away in drawers and baskets. One less thing to worry about getting done. Sergio and I were talking about the baby furniture we have to bring up from the basement. And realized it's going to be a lot different with a second baby. Riley is 19 months mow and likes to climb up and jump off of everything which can be scary when you have an infant in a bassinette, baby swing, or bouncer. We're really going to have to keep our eyes on Riley.

1 comment:

scott and tara said...

I'm sorry if you came to the park and we weren't there. Deanna and I were the only ones there and two busloads of kids showed up right around noon and it was crazy so we left and went to my backyard. It sounds like you had fun anyway and we are planning to try again next week :)

Riley eating solids

Riley eating solids
He loves making a mess! Riley is a great eatter, but he hates green beans.

Our Sweet Little Boy

Our Sweet Little Boy

Riley four months old

Riley's 1st Halloween

Riley's 1st Halloween
Our little peapod - 3 weeks