Friday, October 24, 2008

Doctor Appointment

Today I took Riley to the doctor for his 12 month checkup. He received four shots that made him cry, tears falling down his face and his face turned red while he screamed. It took me a while to calm him down. His measurements were -- length 31 inches (85%), head 18.25 inches (50%), weighs 22 lbs (39%) which is less than he did at 9 months. Which concerned the doctor who said "He's not terribly skinny, but try adding more calories to his diet. Add butter to his vegetables." Riley is a very good eater and very active now -- walking all over. Tall and skinny, doesn't that run in the family?

4 comments:

marilyn said...

Poor Riley, having to have those nasty shots. Sounds like his healthy!

Jocelyn said...

Riley Skinny! HA! he's all meat! and totally cute! {I miss you cousin Riley!~ from Brock}

Julie said...

Whatever, He is over 20 pounds right where he should be. I don't think you need to add butter to his veggies just yet. As long as he is eating good and everything, I think he will be just fine. He is a cutie! We miss you all!

scott and tara said...

Hey April - I'm glad you found my blog. I'm excited to keep up with all your doings on yours as well. Congrats again :)

Riley eating solids

Riley eating solids
He loves making a mess! Riley is a great eatter, but he hates green beans.

Our Sweet Little Boy

Our Sweet Little Boy

Riley four months old

Riley's 1st Halloween

Riley's 1st Halloween
Our little peapod - 3 weeks